Wednesday 24 August 2011

STAGE 01 - Co.Fermanagh & Sligo

Start of Stage 01



Started at my Mum’s house in Omagh I cycle south west towards Fintona, Tempo and then onto Enniskillen. Taking the A4 west out Enniskillen I turn onto the A32 towards
Florence Court
. At Swanlinbar, just across the boarder into Co.Cavan I turned right going towards Iron Mountains with the accent taking me through Glangevlin and magnificent views of the surrounding countryside. At Drumkeeran (approx. 67 miles) I meet up with my Support Team (Beccy +bump, Darcy in the camper Van) for a well needed break and food to recharge the battery. Recharged I peddled on to Sligo and the camp site beyond.
 
Date: Monday 22nd August 2011
Time: 7hr 48min (in saddle)
 Distance: 98 miles
A few pictures from the trip below

Going into Co.Fermanagh & Enniskillen

At Enniskillen I had a flying visit into Fermanagh Tourist Information Centre were I met Louise Dolan who kindly signed my tour map. Also took the opportunity to introduce her to the Cycle Tour of Ireland web site.

http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Fermanagh-Tourist-Information-Centre-Enniskillen-P6908

Made it to Sligo

Arlene Wilkins at Sligo Tourist Information Centre. While Beccy and Darcy were getting food reserves (pasta, pasta and more pasta) Arlene kindly contacted Strandhill Camp Site and confirmed they had availability for one night.

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/sligo-tourist-office/72369

So much for GPS system, the connections between the phone and charge broke half way through stage 01.  Back to paper.


Beach at Strandhill Caravan & Camping Park

Please give as generously as you can via www.virginmoneygiving.com – a heartfelt thanks from my Mum, other MS sufferers and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment