Wednesday 31 August 2011

STAGE 06 - Co. Galway & Clare

Start of Stage 6. Beccy + bump and me.
Darcy has decided that cycling with me on this stage is a bad idea and has done a runner.

Stage 6 Map

Start: Co. Galway Salthill Caravan & Camping Park
Via: Co. Clare, Ennis
Finish: Co. Clare, Mountshannon Hotel

Stats:
           Date: 27th August 2011
Time (in saddle): 5hrs 25min
Distance: 77miles

I met Colum at Christie Galway TIO who kindly signed my map.
Thanks for calling Killaloe Tourist Information and enquired regarding campsite availability next to Lough Derg. Prevented us from waisting valuable travel / cycling time.

At Kinvarra I met a lovely American. See went off to have a look around Kinvarra Castle and I headed towards Burren National Park.

The rugged landscape of Co.Clare with Gortaclare Mountains in the background.

My laboured cycle through the Burren National Park was made worse by the pot holes in the country lanes. A hard days cycle.
Hummm .....we are doing both (driving a campervan and cycling). We are "offsetting" our carbon foot print (see .... guilt free travelling).

At Ennis Tourist Information Office Emma Gaylor kindly signed my map but was camera shy, so her willing colleague stood in the photo (sorry didn't get her name). Good luck ladies with your studies.


No comments:

Post a Comment