Wednesday, 31 August 2011

STAGE 09 - Co.Kerry & Cork

Start of Stage 09 at Donoghues, White Villa Farm Caravan & Camping Park

Stage 09 - Map

Start: Co. Kerry, Donoghues White Villa Farm Caravan & Camping Park
Via: Co. Cork, Cork
Finish: Co. Cork, Dungarvan, Bayview Caravan & Camping Park

Stats:
Date: 30th August 2011
Time (in saddle): 8hrs 37min
Distance: 115miles
My new PB for distance on a bike. Legs are dead.

At the border of Co.Cork. The hedge could do with a trim.


At Banteer, just before my climb into Boggeragh Mountains, I came across a sculpture of Dr Pat O'Callaghan who won Olympic Gold Medals for the Hammer event at the Amsterdam 1928 and Los Angeles 1932 Olympics. Very impressive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_O'Callaghan
   
At Cork city I met the ladies at the Tourist Information Office who stamped the Stage 09 map and kindly sponsored me €5.62. Many thanks.

From left to right we have Denise, Beccy, Margaret and baby Colin. Thanks for your support ladies.
There is a theme in this picture, can anyone spot it?


On the way into Dungarvan I came across a few references to Sean Kelly, Irish cycling super star.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Kelly_(cyclist)

It was pitch black by the time I arived in Dungarvan. ........... and boy I am ready for a rest.


Please give as generously as you can via www.virginmoneygiving.com – a heartfelt thanks from my Mum, other MS sufferers and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment