Monday 29 August 2011

STAGE 02 - Co.Sligo & Leitrim



Start of Stage 02 at Standhill Caravn & Camping Park

Stage 02 - Map

Start: Co. Sligo: Strandhill Caravan & Camping Park
Via: Co. Leitrim: Carrick on Shannon
Finish: Lough Rynn Castle


Date: Tuesday 23rd August 2011
Time: 5hrs 15min (in saddle)
Distance: 63miles

Some of the village / town names I came across today.


In Co.Leitrim


Lough Meelagh

At Carrick-on-Shannon Tourist Information we met the very happy Ciara Compton who was happy to sign my map and also kindly sponsored us 5Euro. Ciara thank you very much.

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/carrick-on-shannon-tourist-office/72379

Beccy (+bump) and Darcy at Carrick-on-Shannon marina

Whilst setting myself up for a photo at Mohill welcome sign Kieran O’Beirne (who was tending his front garden) approached me asking if I would like my photo taken. He not only took my photo but also sponsored me 20Euro. Kieran thank you very much.

He also suggested I call in to “Leitrim Association of People with Disabilities” ( Station Road, Mohill) who have a number of Multiple Sclerosis suffers on their books. This wasn’t the only MS connection, as I later found out the founder of LAPWD Marie McGuinness suffers from MS herself. Marie the best of luck to you and LAPWD in the future.


Today I had the challenge of cycling mile after mile on stone chips on the side of the road. It’s a little bit like ice skating for a bike, one wrong move and you are on your back. It is either learn how to “stone chip skate” or be flattened by a vehicle passing at 60mph. It has kept me focused. 



No comments:

Post a Comment